Hullo! It’s the start of another new week as we creep inexorably towards the end of the year. Here’s a fine spread of articles you might have missed here on Games Are Evil last week.
The team take an abbreviated approach to the use so they can quickly get to the main event — a spoileriffic discussion of Telltale’s The Walking Dead game series. Listen now!
- EVIL.JP: Mike gives some special attention to one of the Wii U’s overlooked launch titles: the amusingly-named Tank! Tank! Tank!
- SWORDS & ZIPPERS: Pete celebrates two Working Designs-translated classics from his youth: Alundra and Lunar.
- FREEPLAY: Delve into the intriguing story-driven “awareness raising” adventure Machine Cares from UK broadcaster Channel 4.
- INSERT COIN: Lucas chronicles the rise and fall of Chuck E. Cheese and the Pizza Time Theater.
- READ.ME: Pete addresses Dyad creator Shawn McGrath’s bold assertion that “any attempt to put storylines in games is completely idiotic.”
Song of the Day
Our daily game music feature aims to highlight the best in video game soundtracks from today and yesteryear. Here’s what you missed between Monday and Sunday last week:
- For You (from Kana Little Sister)
- Album of the Day: Tech Switch (by _ensnare_)
- Stage 8 (from Streets of Rage 2)
- Super Mario 2 Theme (by The Altered Beasts)
- Theme from Myst
- LA Game Space successfully funded
- New Bundle in a Box offers ‘eclectic delights’
- Indie Royale Winter Bundle now available
- Leaked Streets of Rage Remake looks amazing
- Shadow of the Game explores real/online boundaries
- Cyan Worlds games 60% off on GOG.com — you probably missed this now. Boo!
- Triple Town out now on Steam
We hope you’ve been enjoying the new-style Games Are Evil. Be sure to let us know what you think in the comments.