We’re into mid-November now, so as far as the grocery stores go, it’s already Christmas. It’s certainly getting colder. You didn’t need to go out today, anyway, so why not while away some time reading some of the stuff you might have missed last week on Games Are Evil?
- EVIL.JP: Mike sorts through a veritable bowlful of interesting news tidbits from the Land of the Rising Sun.
- SWORDS & ZIPPERS: Pete muses on Persona 3: The Answer and considers whether some developers should just know when to stop.
- FREEPLAY: If you hadn’t weirded yourself out quite enough today, here are three insane browser games you can check out for free.
- INSERT COIN: Lucas explores the decline of the great American arcade and ponders if the rise of “mega-churches” had anything to do with it.
- READ.ME: Pete compares Telltale’s approach to interactive storytelling in The Walking Dead with that adopted by Japanese visual novels.
Song of the Day
Our daily game music feature aims to highlight the best in video game soundtracks from today and yesteryear. Here’s what you missed between Monday and Sunday last week:
- Chaos Last Battle (from Dissidia Final Fantasy)
- Adventure (from Fez, orchestral version)
- Briefing (from Wargame: European Escalation)
- Ennui (from Cherry Tree High Comedy Club)
- Into the Red (from Waking Mars)
- Julian Gollop reveals new “Chaos Reborn” details
- David Braben seeks £1.25 million for new “Elite” game
- ToeJam & Earl return on XBLA and PSN
- Take a peek at Wargame: AirLand Battle
- Dragon’s Dogma original soundtrack available November 13 (that’s tomorrow!)
- Check out two game journos’ labor of love “Richard & Alice”
- Space Colony HD out now
- New Humble Android Bundle available now
- Opinion: Into the Lion’s Den
- ARC Squadron (iOS)
- Two-Headed Review: Hotline Miami (PC)
- Edna and Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes (PC)
- Cherry Tree High Comedy Club (PC)
We hope you’ve been enjoying the new-style Games Are Evil. Be sure to let us know what you think in the comments.