We made it through Week 1 here at GamesAreEvil HQ! The stat gods tell us that plenty of you are showing up to read, so thanks a ton for taking the ride with us – but uh – there’s no gag order in play: Make some noise!
Every Sunday night, one of our exhausted & unpaid Editors will get jacked up on caffeine and review the week’s highlights in case you missed ‘em the first time around. Tonight, that editor is yours truly. So, crank this up, and let’s dive in.
XBOX 360 Rewind:
- Apparently the glut of sub-par Live Arcade games is running out, because Phil gives 3 confident “Buy It” recommendations for last week’s downloadable titles. Check out his Live Arcade Weekly Roundup.
- Rob discusses Bartenders-turned-Assassins, old guy gaming, and Kristen Bell in his “Assassin’s Creed” review.
- What happens when you don’t consider yourself a casual gamer, but are hopelessly addicted to games that begin with “Super” and/or end with “HD?” Find out.
- Comic-Con: Hands on with Street Fighter IV
- Well folks, we’re slacking in the PS3 department. It’s not that we don’t want to show the love, it’s just that we’re too busy playing PixelJunk Eden. I got my hands dirty with a quick YouTube upload. (Since then? I’ve probably indulged 12 hours in this highly addictive, ambient, and stylish title.)
- We found out that JC thinks games are gonna be huge on the iPhone. So does Time. So does the SF Chronicle. So does your mother.
- We bagged on “new” iPhone/iPod Touch titles Frogger & PuzzLoop, but praised Radius.
- On the DS, we wondered if RockStar is beginning to milk the GTA franchise.
- Rob noticed the unusually quality PSP games releasing this month, compared to the ho-hum DS ones.
Retro Rewind (now THAT sounds appropriate!):
- Is Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Zombie Ninja Pro-Am a love note to fans of the animated series, or a big slap in the face?
- Gabe reminds us that Harmonix had life before Guitar Hero.
- Harry Potter junkies are NOT going to like this.